Uni Life - A Closer Inspection
My grades for the first semester will be announced on Feb 4th they say, and although I'm supposed to feel kinda nervous about it... somehow I don't. Not really as much as I think I should. Like my mom says, more often than not she's more worried about my exams and results than I am... Not exactly 100% true but I guess there's a small part of truth in there... Hehe ^^
Basically I'm not in uni for the exams and results. I want to say that I couldn't care less, but of course I'd get kicked out if I flunked entirely. No, my point here is that I got into uni and I plan to have fun. Lots of fun that isn't bound by my grades or anything. Perhaps try to live a little. Play a little. Shop a little. And just experience the small taste of freedom and independence before life throws me into cruel bitter reality. Honestly going to uni has been the best choice of my life. I probably could have got into it sooner had I not gone for Form 6, but then I wouldn't have been able to meet my precious, precious Communication coursemates today... :)
Uni has given me a lot of wonderful experiences, and I would definitely not have traded anything in the world for them.
Sushi BONANZA!! My first ever Bonanza with 6 other crazy coursemates ^^ I wasn't much of a sushi fan, much less a Sushi King fan since I generally preferred my food more cooked than raw. Not much of a jelly fish or octopus lover either, but it was fun squishing into tiny booths and not fighting with my darling seatmate. Because I'm a leftie you see, I declare elbow wars on more people than you think... ;)
Being a Communication student has its perks, and one of them is being presented with many rare opportunities like this. I watched my seniors film this show for their project and we got to take photos with the famous movie director of the movie ζΌεΊ that was haunting cinemas in the last few months! He's really handsome up close and he's married to one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, too! Such a pretty couple... /dreamy sighs/
Before we even realized it, classes were over and study week rolled in. We did anything and everything other than studying, at least that's what I did, during the entire period of time. A bunch of coursemates followed the few of us back to our hometown and we went gallivanting throughout the entire city, discovering new shacks and places I never even knew existed. It was a wonderful bonding trip where we spent the whole study week not studying... /happy grins/
Aaaaand then I counted down to 2015 at Karpal Singh with nearly half of all my dear coursemates together. There was this food fair, flea market and concert going on simultaneously and we had quite some fun experiencing everything. But we kind of ran out of things to do by 9pm and waited anxiously for the clock to strike midnight so we could get it over with and go home and sleep.... Hahaha ^^ And then the car we rode in broke down and we had to wait for our darling knight in shining armour to come rescue us at 2am from McDonalds... =_= Pretty awesome way to start the new year, if you ask me XP
Last but not least, after our very last paper and before the first semester officially ended, about 12 or 13 of us went on a bonding trip to Georgetown! Two of them won a free room at a hotel in a lucky draw and we definitely put that voucher to impeccably good use.
A 'wefie' before setting out. I really, really love this picture because I look so flawless in this hehehe XD
The room they got was no bigger than my little bedroom at home, barely enough space for a king-sized bed and some walking space between the bed and walls, that was all. But we improvised. ;)
Our initial plan of 'not going to sleep' was a lie, because by the stroke of 3am, everyone was already fast asleep. Oh, and we got complained by our neighbours for being a little too noisy. Haha well sorry for being rowdy but in our defense, the rooms were hardly soundproof at all. I could be talking in my normal voice and you'd still be able to hear me in the elevator, it was that bad. Hmm. The system was so bad it should be illegal. LOL.
So that's it I guess, the first semester of my first year of uni basically summarized into a few notable events. I probably missed out on a few but I'm too lazy at this moment to go and dig through my photos archive for the pictures. Another thing I realized about uni, it's made me love taking selfies very much... I'd say I've become a little more narcissistic after, say, 4 months and a half. What to do, I just realized that I'm really cute at times, if not all the time.
I mean, look at me. XD
Basically I'm not in uni for the exams and results. I want to say that I couldn't care less, but of course I'd get kicked out if I flunked entirely. No, my point here is that I got into uni and I plan to have fun. Lots of fun that isn't bound by my grades or anything. Perhaps try to live a little. Play a little. Shop a little. And just experience the small taste of freedom and independence before life throws me into cruel bitter reality. Honestly going to uni has been the best choice of my life. I probably could have got into it sooner had I not gone for Form 6, but then I wouldn't have been able to meet my precious, precious Communication coursemates today... :)
Uni has given me a lot of wonderful experiences, and I would definitely not have traded anything in the world for them.
* * *
Papago Heritage Walk/Run? It was kinda like a station game situated throughout the entire Georgetown, taking us to famous places like the mural paintings and Chew Jetty and the like... Well I got to know a few teammates but since we were practically all from different schools, we pretty much never met up again after that. I don't even remember half of their names =3=
* * *
Another thing I don't really regret joining is the SKKT Mid-Autumn Festival. In all honesty, I joined this club because a lot of my coursemates wanted in and I just hopped onto the bandwagon. I never really expected to get in since there were interviews and stuff, plus they said they only wanted about 20% of the people applying for it? IDK it was too long ago. But yeah I got into the Design department, pretty decent I'd say for someone who has amateur PS and AI skills... Nearly 80% of the peeps in Design were from Art school and I was a Communication student XP
* * *
The next crazy thing I did was joining the Amazing Race held by the CF, and I managed to drag Huey Fern along with me ^^ We were backpack-running all the way across the island, hopping on and off buses more often than I've ever done in the past 20 years of my life. One of our destinations was Penang Hill, and that was the very first time I've been there and also rode the cable car. It was so crowded but at least there were a couple of good-looking ang mohs as eyecandy... ^^
* * *
* * *
Being a Communication student has its perks, and one of them is being presented with many rare opportunities like this. I watched my seniors film this show for their project and we got to take photos with the famous movie director of the movie ζΌεΊ that was haunting cinemas in the last few months! He's really handsome up close and he's married to one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, too! Such a pretty couple... /dreamy sighs/
* * *
Before we even realized it, classes were over and study week rolled in. We did anything and everything other than studying, at least that's what I did, during the entire period of time. A bunch of coursemates followed the few of us back to our hometown and we went gallivanting throughout the entire city, discovering new shacks and places I never even knew existed. It was a wonderful bonding trip where we spent the whole study week not studying... /happy grins/
* * *
Aaaaand then I counted down to 2015 at Karpal Singh with nearly half of all my dear coursemates together. There was this food fair, flea market and concert going on simultaneously and we had quite some fun experiencing everything. But we kind of ran out of things to do by 9pm and waited anxiously for the clock to strike midnight so we could get it over with and go home and sleep.... Hahaha ^^ And then the car we rode in broke down and we had to wait for our darling knight in shining armour to come rescue us at 2am from McDonalds... =_= Pretty awesome way to start the new year, if you ask me XP
* * *
A 'wefie' before setting out. I really, really love this picture because I look so flawless in this hehehe XD
The room they got was no bigger than my little bedroom at home, barely enough space for a king-sized bed and some walking space between the bed and walls, that was all. But we improvised. ;)
Our initial plan of 'not going to sleep' was a lie, because by the stroke of 3am, everyone was already fast asleep. Oh, and we got complained by our neighbours for being a little too noisy. Haha well sorry for being rowdy but in our defense, the rooms were hardly soundproof at all. I could be talking in my normal voice and you'd still be able to hear me in the elevator, it was that bad. Hmm. The system was so bad it should be illegal. LOL.
* * *
So that's it I guess, the first semester of my first year of uni basically summarized into a few notable events. I probably missed out on a few but I'm too lazy at this moment to go and dig through my photos archive for the pictures. Another thing I realized about uni, it's made me love taking selfies very much... I'd say I've become a little more narcissistic after, say, 4 months and a half. What to do, I just realized that I'm really cute at times, if not all the time.
I mean, look at me. XD
You just love me, don't you. ^^











i counted about 7 piggies sleeping on the king size bed? was i right? ohahahah
ReplyDeletethe car broke down T.T nice experience anyway :D
Hehe got 6 nia... Right XD
DeleteI count 6 ler ann.. btw nice sharing shek, continue hwaiting in uni bah, gambatehh ^^
ReplyDeleteJia you!! ^^
DeleteGlad that you managed to drag me along for AGE ππ
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome... Hehe ^^
Delete