Bloody rats
So, my worst nightmare came true today. RATS DISSECTION. I have said many times before that I hate the sight of blood coz I get giddy and over-sensitive every time I see or hear anything gruesome. Or gory. But it was time to face everything today... It was a DO or DIE... x.x
I couldn't stop hugging my books and stationery in the lab. I refused to put them down anywhere because I suddenly contracted a case of 'bio-lab-ophobia'. Then the teacher went through the procedures orally and then demonstrated the dissection on a rat. I ran out of the lab and teared for a while. Eeeeek!!
After demonstrating, she saw me standing outside the lab. She knew I had haemophobia so she told me to get something from the office. I happily went and returned as slow as possible. But when I came back everyone had barely started on their rats. I stood at the door and refused to go in but she insisted I stand at most only 1 meter away from the rats. :(
So in I went, wincing at every table. Poor little rats. But the more I looked on, the less I felt afraid and eventually I could withstand it. Heck, I even helped stop a rat from bleeding when its arteries were accidentally cut. I now proclaim myself slightly better than before... I mean, if not, you wouldn't be able to see these kind of pictures right here right now.
All photos are from Facebook. :)
Pictures of my friends and besties opening rats. Since I didn't have a rat of my own (7 died before the dissection), I floated from one place to another observing and finally stationed myself at the last table at the back of the lab.
Ended up being 'assistant' to him. Hahahaha. He is now my fellow lab partner in crime... xD
But seriously, it's kind of thanks to him that I'm slightly less afraid of blood now. I mean, what kind of assistant am I if I refused to even touch the carcass? At least I helped him throw the carcass away into the trash after everything. And all the bloody organs too. Yuck!!
The teacher saw me quite okay with the bloody sights so she asked me if I wanted to dissect my own rat. I said NO. Just because I'm slightly alright with blood doesn't mean I'm alright cutting up a rat already.
There was one pregnant rat whose heart was still beating even after being dissected. But the guy didn't take out the organs because he said he didn't have the heart to kill it by ripping off its trachea (OUCH!!). Instead, he removed all the fat from the body of the rat. Seriously? Eeek!!
Poor little rats... :'(
I couldn't stop hugging my books and stationery in the lab. I refused to put them down anywhere because I suddenly contracted a case of 'bio-lab-ophobia'. Then the teacher went through the procedures orally and then demonstrated the dissection on a rat. I ran out of the lab and teared for a while. Eeeeek!!
After demonstrating, she saw me standing outside the lab. She knew I had haemophobia so she told me to get something from the office. I happily went and returned as slow as possible. But when I came back everyone had barely started on their rats. I stood at the door and refused to go in but she insisted I stand at most only 1 meter away from the rats. :(
So in I went, wincing at every table. Poor little rats. But the more I looked on, the less I felt afraid and eventually I could withstand it. Heck, I even helped stop a rat from bleeding when its arteries were accidentally cut. I now proclaim myself slightly better than before... I mean, if not, you wouldn't be able to see these kind of pictures right here right now.
All photos are from Facebook. :)
Pictures of my friends and besties opening rats. Since I didn't have a rat of my own (7 died before the dissection), I floated from one place to another observing and finally stationed myself at the last table at the back of the lab.
Ended up being 'assistant' to him. Hahahaha. He is now my fellow lab partner in crime... xD
But seriously, it's kind of thanks to him that I'm slightly less afraid of blood now. I mean, what kind of assistant am I if I refused to even touch the carcass? At least I helped him throw the carcass away into the trash after everything. And all the bloody organs too. Yuck!!
The teacher saw me quite okay with the bloody sights so she asked me if I wanted to dissect my own rat. I said NO. Just because I'm slightly alright with blood doesn't mean I'm alright cutting up a rat already.
There was one pregnant rat whose heart was still beating even after being dissected. But the guy didn't take out the organs because he said he didn't have the heart to kill it by ripping off its trachea (OUCH!!). Instead, he removed all the fat from the body of the rat. Seriously? Eeek!!
Poor little rats... :'(





Comments
Post a Comment
Comments...