Vacationing from Penang to Ipoh
This is gonna be one heck of a looong picture post. xD
Well, I've been to the Diocesan Chinese Youth Camp (DCYC) since 7th till 10th of December and then from then onwards I was on vacation no #2 with my family, both also in Penang... ^.^
(That's why this is gonna be a very very long picture post... I'm covering EVERYTHING!! xD)
And so my story begins... ;)
Look at all those luggage. Haha. I packed altogether 16 shirts (and made a statement on facebook xD) for the DCYC camp and also the extra day, 10 for the camp and 6 for the extra trip. Well, mom didn't exactly like my taking of so many shirts there, so she made me take 2 out. I forgot that we'd be getting a camp shirt too, so I ended up with 15 shirts anyway. xD
Just look at the sea. So calming and beautiful. This picture was taken from the balcony of my room. :)
I forgot to take a picture of the room. Basically it was a twin-sharing room but there were 3 of us in the room, so it was quite a squash.
First taste of the beach!! Didn't think we should be going there without permission, but nevermind... ;)
CHICKENS!! I've been to this campsite before, and that time there were a lot of chickens running around at the mini field, but this time when I went to the field, there weren't any! So I was so determined to look for the chickens (they're so cute, they're palm-sized!!) that I didn't let it rest and I'm pretty sure all of my friends were tired of me yelling "Where are my CHICKENS??!!!". Guess how happy I was when I finally found them. xD
This was taken on the second night. We crashed into the boys room at midnight (count the pairs of shoes!!) and talked and laughed and screamed at the top of our lungs... But were sure to keep really quiet when the dorm monitors were checking... xD
The boys just piled the whole heap of their luggage in the middle of the floor!! I never knew that even boys could be so messy and unorganized... I could NOT resist snapping a pic or two... xD
This is Pikachu (in case you don't know, LOL) and I kidnapped him from his mistress (bwahaha!!) so many times that I lost count... Hahaha... Anyway he was the star of attraction wherever he went and had been kidnapped tons of times not just by me... Hehehe... He's so cuuuute!!! xD
Camwhoring a bit just before high praise on the third evening. Hey, I just can't resist when a huge full-length mirror is right in front of me, kay? Hehe...
Told you Pikachu is too cute for words.... ;D
I found my 'twin' from the other end of Malaysia!! Lols. Lots of people say we look quite alike (especially her brothers) but we don't see any resemblance in each other at all!! What do you think? Pearline's from Johor, by the way... ;)
This guy has the same-sounding Chinese name as mine (there were 3 of us!!) and he's a really talented bassist and guitarist (and it helps that he's kinda cute too... xD) He actually told Jessica that he saw 2 other people with the same name as his and felt kinda 'fish' (direct translation: silly, foolish?) when Jess introduced him to both of us siting at the table right next to him... Hahahaha...
I seem to have known him since forever when he was barely my height, like 10 years ago. Christopher's dad and mine are fellow pastors and we used to see each other at camps. See how tall he is now? He actually bent down a bit in this photo (coz I complained he was too tall for the photo.) Awesome drummer, I need to take lessons from him someday. :D
Honestly, I was thrilled and I guess overexcited to take a photo with him. He's so cute!! xD
Vincent's dad is kinda like my dad's assistant boss, sorta? He's also an awesome drummer and an awesome artist!! He got featured in The Star and New Straits Times, I think... ;)
Mom and Dad were on the beach, and I was up on the (balcony?) waving to them... This was taken on the very last day of camp during lunch, just before I went for my second part of the vacation with Jess, Jac, Justin, Yan Xiu, Yan Ning and practically everybody else... xD
So this photo was taken at the Gurney Hotel with Jess in front of their Christmas tree. We were so thrilled to see each other we just hugged for like, 5 minutes I guess?? Haha... Really happy to see them all again... :)
Mr. Snowman and I. Xuan was holding her pillow and Pinky (her teddy bear), so Mom just told her to sleep in that snowman hut that night... xD
Lazing around in the hotel's super-comfy sofas!! It's a 5-star hotel and our suite had a wonderful view of both the city and the sea... Lovely!!
All seven of the cousins playing with gadgets. Clockwise from bottom left: Yan Xiu - iPad, Xuan - Samsung Galaxy 7.7, Yan Ning - iPad, Me - Samsung Galaxy Mini 2, Jess - MacBook, Jacq - Nokia Lumia (I think?) and Justin - iPad
At night after dinner, we went to the G Hotel where Vincent's art exhibition was. The pictures were just simply awesome, and a lot of them were really funny. We tried mimicking the people in the portraits with their funny and weird expressions... xD
I actually think that we look 90% similar, facial expression-wise... ;P
Here's Xuan avoiding getting smacked by another portrait... o.O
And this photo is just HILARIOUS!! I keep wanting to laugh everytime I see this. Hahaha...
This exhibition is actually the profile pictures of random people from Facebook. Watch out or your face might just be next... xDD
Lounging around the hotel lobby (which was humongous!!) with super comfy sofas... again...
And there was also this very adorable Christmas tree right in the middle of the lobby!! ^.^
Santa Claus in the form of a 'g' shape. It was actually drizzling when this picture was taken... :P
Back in our hotel, we sat in the massage chairs. So EPIC!! It was okay at first, but then soon after it started pinching my neck and pounding my back and tickling me in the ribs... I had to keep fidgeting around trying to avoid being abused... xD But one word describes it all... SYOK!! xP
We went to level 7 of the hotel and played some midnight ping pong. ^.^ So long never played with Dad!! We played on the kids' table for fun and it actually is more fun than the normal table... Hehe... Dad kept spinning the ball away from me... Lol...
Having an ice-cream after half-an-hour of intense workout at the ping pong table!! Behind me is the gym and the mock beach. The view from here is really beautiful, I can tell you... They even have an infinity pool!! But nobody told us, so we didn't get in... :(
Camwhoring a bit just before taking the midnight bath... Haha... Their bathroom didn't look like a bathroom to me, more like a humongous and luxurious room with a jacuzzi and a shower... I didn't get to go in the jacuzzi coz there wasn't time, but Mom, Dad and Xuan did... :'( Next time I shall go!!
Breakfast!! Trust me, I was really hungry, so I took lots of food at the buffet. Lots and lots of food. Lots...
And lots...
And lots...
... of FOOD!!! They were so yummy!! ^.^
Here's adorable little Yan Ning. She has such huge eyes!! Everytime I told her to smile for the camera, she'd just smile for a second and go back to her usual expression. But this time she smiled for quite a long time... Hehehe... Isn't she so adorable?? ;D
We all went to level 7 again after that... Yan Xiu challenged Jess to a game of chess, and Jess lost her Queen at probably the third or fourth move... Imagine a 17 year-old being beaten by an 11 year-old at chess!! Here's my pink frosted sprinkled ice-cream to celebrate the occasion... xD
See their pawns are actually all lined up and all blocked up. xD
Taken just before we left the hotel. All the coussies (minus Jian and Jamie) looking everywhere else but the camera... Lols. Coz all the parents were taking photos and we had absolutely no idea where to look first. Good-old Yan Xiu figured it out though... xD
In the back part of the lobby. Did you know that the hotel had a jewellery store right in the lobby? All the sparkling stones and what-nots... I dared not take a picture... :P
Had lunch at Little Nyonya White House Coffee in Gurney Plaza. I was actually still very full from the enormous breakfast I had just a few hours ago... So I just ate the dishes and hardly any rice...
A creepy-looking Smiley Fries with metal teeth. Do you want to eat me? Bwahahaha...
Since I didn't plan to have rice, I had ice-blended blackcurrant!! And it was dee-licious!! Although a bit on the sour side. But it complemented the rest of the dishes nicely... ^.^
On the ferry back to Eeeeeepohhhh!! We saw about 7 jellyfish in the sea. They were transparent things with a blob of orange right in the middle. Poor Xuan only saw one. The jellyfish could only be seen at some point for like, a few seconds only. But she saw a real one up close when she was at the beach collecting seashells though... Scary...
This is back in Ipoh already!! We went shopping in Parade for about 3 and half hours, walking into random shops and looking at random things... The Christmas deco was really quite prettay... :D
Ooohh I can't believe how much I still love those freaky bug-eyed creeps. The Powerpuff Girls!! They're my childhood heroes, especially Blossom!! I'm kinda disappointed that they don't make PPG clothes for my size at all, they're all kid sizes only... And PPG merchandise hardly exists anymore... :'(
Went back to Jess' place at Meru to laze around the apartment. I kidnapped Domo-kun and made it camwhore with me... Hahaha... Domo-kun is so cute!! This is actually Jess' massage pillow... ;P
Domo-kun and I go RAWR!!! I love this photo the most out of all of the photos I took with him. Photo has been filtered by Camera 360. That's why it has such a lovely orange glow... ^.^
And this is a helicopter view of Domo-kun and I lying on Jess' bed. Photo credit goes to Jian. He was actually trying to snap a photo of himself being emo for his profile picture but couldn't succeed so he took my photo instead. Oh well, smile... :)
So, that's the end of my picture/photo post (and it really is very long, it's already 2.06 am now!) and I hope you weren't bored to death by the time you reached the end of this post to read this here. Haha. ^.^
Love all of you guys!! See ya next time in the next post... :)
Hugs and kisses XOXO ;D















































Comments
Post a Comment
Comments...